miHoYo recommends us to uninstall and re-install the game after maintenance? You have to transfer the game from Android to iOS or vice versa for some reason? You have the habit of playing the game on multiple devices? In all those cases, you need to save your progress, right? In this post, we’ll help you transfer the game data via Transfer Code, or bind the game to Google account to avoid lose data when switching devices or re-installing the game. It’s quite easy and quick, just follow the picture instructions.
- Once you bind the game to your Google account, you can’t use Transfer Code anymore → The option Transfer code will be disappeared
- On iOS devices, the game doesn’t have option bind to Google account → Can’t login via Google account
⇒ If you usually switch between iOS and Android devices to play the game or have a plan to change your phone (Android to iOS or vice versa), DON’T BIND THE GAME TO GOOGLE ACCOUNT
Ok, let’s start. First, tap the Captain’s information at top left corner of the screen.
Second, tap “アカウント” (Account)
You have two ways to save the game data. That’s using Transfer Code and bind to Google account. It’s up to you, but if you only want to make sure that your game data will be safe (and only play on Android devices), the 2nd method has higher security than the 1st method so we recommend you using it.
1/ Using Transfer Code
!important You must setup Transfer Code BEFORE using it. Plus, remember to note the”引き続きID” (Transfer ID) and Password that you made
Step 1: Tap “引き継ぎ設定” (Setup Transfer Code)
Step 2: Type the password you want (2 times) and tap “確認” (Confirm)
Step 3: Check the expiration date and tap “確認” (Confirm)
- You must use the Transfer Code before expiration date
- Your password has to be setup again once it’s expired or used for transferring
Ok, done! You can use the Transfer Code now.
*Remind* Please make sure that you had noted the ”引き続きID” (Transfer ID) and Password that you made
2/ Bind to Google account
*Remind* Once you bind the game to your Google account, you can’t use Transfer Code anymore
Step 1: Tap ”アカウント登録” (Bind Account)
Step 2: Tap “連携する” (Bind)
Step 3: Choose one Google account
- One game account can only be bound to one Google account, respectively
- You must install Google Play Games to bind the game with Google account → Install Google Play Games if you haven’t already
Ok, done! Now, you can play the game without worry about losing data
*Remind* You should note the Google account if you bind the game with your sub account (to avoid you can’t remember which account you had used to bind the game)
Finally, restore data after re-installing the game
Step 1: Choose “引き継ぎ” (Transfer Data)
- Choose 1 – “引き続きIDを使う” (Use Transfer ID), if you save the game progress via Transfer Code
- Choose 2 – ”Googleアカウントでログイン” (Login with Google account), if you save the game progress via Google account